Sunday, January 9, 2011

On my way

Today has been quite interesting. I was set to take off from John Wayne Airport this morning and found out from the attendant that my Denver leg of the flight was delayed by 3 hours. That meant that I would miss my connecting flight to Ghana. Ugh. So my option was to rush to LAX in the hopes of making a flight from there. Tim ran to get the car, while Amelie and myself went with all my luggage curbside to wait for me. When we finally loaded all the luggage into the car, we were in a mad rush to get to LAX. Luckily, we did not encounter much traffic on the freeway, a rarity in the LAX area :). After quickily checking my luggage in I said my quick goodbyes to my family, who I will dearly miss, and headed straight for the security line. Luckily, I got through the line in no time and had 10 minutes to spare before I needed to board the plane. Whew. So as I am approaching the gate, the attendant asks me if I changed my seats. I said 'no'. He responded with someone changed it, and issued me my new boarding pass. To my pleasant surprise, the seat was change to business class. I think some sweet soul was looking out for me, thank you! Now I am sitting in Dulles waiting for my flight to Ghana. 2 hours to spare. More when I arrive in Ghana...

No comments:

Post a Comment