Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day before departure

Saturday night and I am thinking I am complete with my packing. It was a real challenge today trying to pack my clothes among 700 pairs of sunglasses. My clothes are dispersed among my 2 suitcases and carryon, hoping I didn't forget anything. Most of my time was spent on packing all my camera gear, recharging all the batteries, charging the camcorder, not forgetting any cords and trying to figure out how I can somehow squeeze another electronic device in my carry on. Not to mention that I lost my phone for a day. I was a little stressed out to say the least, but my husband, the rationale one, was able to calm my nerves somewhat :). I ended up finding my phone at the library this morning. Whew. Another device to take with me to Ghana :)
Seriously, I am so looking forward to this trip and can't wait to work with the doctors, nurses and patients in Accra. I'll be able to post pictures when I return, but will continually update my blog while I am in Ghana. I leave tomorrow morning from John Wayne. Updates later.

No comments:

Post a Comment